"Children Must Be Taught How To Think, No What To Think" - Margaret Mead
- The average U.S. high school student gets <10 minutes of guidance counseling per year.*
- At-risk students need more than 10 minutes of help to plan their education and career.
- A top reason kids drop out of high school: “No adult reached out to me”
- At-risk students need caring adults to encourage them to stay in school.
- Over 16 million children need mentoring but fewer than 1 in 3 teens are mentored today.
- All students need and deserve a caring adult mentor.
- **American School Counselor Association, **The Gates Foundation, **National Mentoring Partnership
Goals We Focus On
- Building Trust
- Social Pressures
- Setting Goals
- First to go to college
- Career Exploration
- Increase Self-Esteem
- Motivate to Succeed