Family preservation services are short-term, family-focused services designed to assist families in crisis by improving parenting and family functioning while keeping children safe. The goal is to maintain family unity and prevent out of home placement.
Services Include but are not limited to:
- Respite Care such as temporary care relief for parents or foster parents in their home, while they care for other members of their family or take care of their own needs.
- Mentoring for children who need a positive role model and assistance with problem solving skills, motivation and/or preparation for college.
- Therapeutic Support for children with behavioral health issues that supports treatment plan
- Tutoring for children who are having a difficult time with schoolwork and who are at risk of failing out of school
- Educational Support for children who need assistance with working on an educational plan, attend meetings, collaborate with teachers, counselors and other educational support professionals
- Supportive Supervised Visitations among siblings for children who have siblings in other placements since it’s essential to maintain and strengthen sibling bonds
Please Note: Transportation is Included with all the services above except Temporary Care Services/Respite Care since this service takes place in parent or foster parents home.